There are many options around for horse bedding. Wood Pellets provide an excellent alternative to straw or shavings for horse bedding. They are easy to lay, provide excellent support for your horse and are quick to muck out. These pellets produce very little dust and contain no bleach or additives which is great for horse bedding as it will reduce any risk of allergies.
Using wood pellets for horse bedding is a very economical option because over time you will use far fewer than you would with other bedding materials. On average you will remove 1/4 of the amount of wood pellets compared to shavings and so a single bag of wood pellets will last at least as long as a whole bale of shavings.
Benefits of using wood pellets as horse bedding:
- Easy to use – simply spread the wood pellets and then spray with water.
- The wood pellets will then expand to create a soft bedding and once dry are ready for your horse to use.
- The wood pellets provide a firm base which gives good support for your horse.
- They are easy to muck out as the manure can be removed from the surface.
- Wood pellets are highly absorbent and there is less smell as the ammonia is also absorbed.
- The wood pellets are compressed before use so that they are easy to store and handle.
Learn more on how to use wood pellets for horse bedding: Visit the instruction page.