We have an exciting permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced and driven Biomass Heating Engineer to join our team.
LC Energy is a UK leading biomass engineering and wood fuel supply company, having supported the biomass industry and our customers for over 15 years. All of this has meant that we have been able to help our customers save an estimated 370,000t CO2 compared to oil. With our expertise and experience we deliver heating solutions including system design, installation, service and maintenance of biomass boilers, across the South East to customers in the public, private and commercial sectors.
We have a huge focus on our people and our planet. Our purpose is to help our customers to decarbonise heat through renewable biomass energy systems and our mission is to reach net zero by 2030.
We are a flexible, diverse, and inclusive place to work. We are equal opportunity employer with fairness and respect at the heart of who we are and how we work. We can offer you an exciting opportunity to work with talented friendly people and put your skills to use in helping us shape the future of the renewable and biomass energy industry.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and driven Biomass Heating Engineer to join our biomass engineering department, to help us support our customers.
The role will entail hands on engineering for medium to large scale biomass heating systems on customer sites and the management of subcontractors, to complete unplanned and planned services.
This role reports directly to our Managing Director and offers the chance to work across our range of customers from primary schools and care homes to universities and holiday parks.
Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- – Daily customer site visits for service, planned and reactive maintenance and installation for medium – large scale biomass heating systems
- – Team liaison to ensure customer jobs run smoothly and parts are ordered in a timely manner
- – Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- – Travel to South East up to Suffolk, Kent and across to Wiltshire, Home Counties
- – Ensuring a safe working environment and adherence to standards
What we need from you:
- – 3+ years general heating system, mechanical or electrical engineering experience essential
- – An engineering qualification (C&G, HNC, NVQ or similar)
- – Preferable experience in commercial heating with gas and/or oil certification
- – Flexible and adaptable and able to work with minimal supervision on customer sites
- – Experience managing subcontractors
- – Strong verbal and written communication skills
- – Full UK driving license
About our offer:
- – Salary circa £50,000
- – Company van
- – 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (33 days)
- – 4% contributory pension
- – Life assurance
- – Rural head office setting
- – Friendly and supportive team working environment
LC Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. To remain a successful business we understand the importance of a diverse team who can offer a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives.
Please apply by sending your covering letter and CV to Nicola Hopkins our Company Secretary on N.Hopkins@LCEnergy.co.uk.