We are currently looking to recruit a Timber Buyer. If you think you have the skills, get in touch!
LC Energy is a renewable energy company based in the Southern England. The company provides biomass solutions to commercial, private and public sector organisations including Heathrow Airport, Centre Parcs, and Universities, hotels, hospitals, schools, care homes and private client estates.
The role requires a self-starter capable of working in a dynamic young business. The role will involve a range of tasks including sourcing c50k tonnes of timber per year, building relationships with timber suppliers, woodland owners and hauliers and developing new supply chains from existing undermanaged woodlands and other sources of woody biomass. The role will focus on sustainability auditing and accreditation and particularly with expertise in the management of woodlands.
The person will be a key part of our biomass support team and should have ideally a Forestry Degree or similar qualification and with a robust understanding of the value of wood (e.g. energy density, yield) and/or experience of lowland forestry.
The person should be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, good attention to detail, have the ability to negotiate, to meet deadlines and to be flexible and adaptable and have good administrative skills.
The person should be confident and professional with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and sub-contractors alike and be able to demonstrate strong timber/forestry market credibility.
The person should be computer literate with website and social media experience and strong data management.
Guildford, Surrey (with travel across Southern England).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Purchase in the region of 50k tonnes of fully accredited round wood timber per annum to specification.
• Forward planning of timber/wood fuel demand.
• Maintain established (and develop new) working relationships with clients and suppliers/contractors.
• Manage stock to meet the supply and demand requirements of the business.
• Ensure all administration records are managed in a timely manner including invoicing, accreditation (e.g. felling licences) and manage data (e.g. spread sheets).
• Woodland management planning.
• Marketing and educational support.
• Implement and maintain Health & Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Promote LC Energy’s interests in a professional manner.